We have seen how this FertilityIQ community has used its voice to make a difference. By (anonymously and thoughtfully!) sharing your stories, we've been able to not only make fertility treatments suck a little less for others, but also make our voices heard. Because of that, we are empowered, heard, and mega impactful — and that’s something we want to celebrate!
To say a heartfelt thank you for your continued bravery in sharing your stories, we’re going to help someone else with the financial support to grow the family of their dreams. We are giving away one $10,000 grant to be used for fertility treatments! We know what it’s like to feel the weight of the costs, or see it affecting someone you care about, and we hope this helps you get one step closer.
Anyone who has ever submitted a doctor review with verification will be eligible. And if you're new here, welcome! Just click here, review your doctor, and you'll be eligible. Make sure everything is in by the end of the day October 8, 2019.
If you win, you can choose to use the grant for yourself or gift it to someone you care about. We’ll select the grant winner randomly, so there’s no need to submit any type of special application. We think of this as a grant, not a contest. There won’t be any judging or needless hoopla. (Yep, don’t worry about getting people to vote, or making a video, or writing an essay. It’s as easy as understanding a scoring system!)
And if you spread the word about the grant, and the grant winner heard about it from you, you'll win $1,500.
It’s definitely not too late to make yourself eligible -- every valid assessment of a fertility doctor received before the deadline counts. Just click here to start crafting an assessment (or hit the "Evaluate Your Doctor" button on the top-right of your screen). Just remember -- providing lots of details about your experience is really helpful for new patients! Your name is never shown on the review and we protect your privacy. And if you’ve already contributed a verified assessment, you’re automatically entered (assuming you've submitted your verification) – thank you for contributing!
If you switched doctors at some point during your treatment, you can review all your doctors and be entered for the grant multiple times!
So now’s your time. Don’t wait till tomorrow - we’ve been there - we forget! Hop on over to submit a review now, and tell your friends to review their doctors too!
We’ve seen these grants breathe new life into the world. Past winners have put it to good use and you just may be the next one. And regardless, we know that your story and words will put useful information into the hands of patients who need it.
For more info, check out the (even more detailed) guidelines below. We're elated to be doing this again and we hope you are too.
Deborah and Jake
Grant Details & Rules:
For the person with the winning assessment, we’ll fund:
- A treatment up to $10,000 for the author or anyone of their choosing. A check will be sent to their clinic of choice within the US.
Doctor evaluations will only be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- The Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) being assessed practices in the US
- The RE must have been chiefly responsible for your care during that cycle. Assessments of RE’s who happened to perform services like monitoring will not be entered.
- Assessment is accompanied with verification sent to firstname.lastname@example.org that proves you were treated at this clinic (e.g. an email from the clinic, image of a clinical bill)
- The tone must be constructive, detailed, without profanity, and publishable by our usual FIQ guidelines (click here to see our evaluation FAQs).
- Patient underwent medical treatment with this doctor. This would include a cycle of clomid, IUI, IVF or surgery would count. OR the patient did a consult or workup with this doctor.
- All assessments and verifications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST October 8, 2019
- Duplicate assessments (meaning you've already submitted a review of the same doctor) will not be counted as an additional entry. However, if you’d like to update an old assessment, we’d love to help you! Just email us at email@example.com and we'll send you a link to edit
A few other general notes:
- Treatment must be done by before January, 2021
- We will send $10,000 directly to your reproductive endocrinologist’s clinic as a contribution towards your current or next fertility treatment cycle
- Make sure you check the e-mail you've registered with on October 10th. If you don't respond to us about the grant within 24 hours, we might select a new winner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If I’ve already submitted an assessment to FIQ that’s been published and verified, am I eligible to be included? Yes. If you've completed an assessment that meets our guidelines and sent in verifiation, you're automatically entered. Please don't submit another review of a doctor you've assessed before.
I sent in my assessment and verification during a previous grant, but I don’t see it listed on the site. Am I entered? Should I re-submit my assessment? Even if you don't see your review, you're entered. A team of real life fertility patients read every assessment, and we're not quite as fast as robots. In the meantime, check your e-mail to make sure you haven't missed a note from us asking for more info or verification. Please don't re-submit -- first time's the charm!
I see my assessment posted on the site, but I don’t see a “verified” checkmark next to it, am I eligible? You’re so close! You still need to verify your assessment by sending in proof that you were a patient at the clinic. You can email your verification document to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject it “ADDING VERIFICATION TO AN ALREADY LIVE ASSESSMENT”. More details on verifying above & here. You won't immediately see a check mark after you send it, but don't worry - you're good!
If I assessed two different doctors, does that enter my name twice?
Yes. Each assessment that meets our criteria is independently eligible. As a reminder, only assessments of the doctor chiefly responsible for your cycle will be eligible. Additional reviews for non-primary fertility doctors will not be counted.
If I’m awarded this grant, can I remain anonymous to the public?
Yes. We will not release your identity unless you would like it to be publicly announced.
Are there restrictions on what type of patients can get a grant?
No, this is inclusive to any type of fertility patient who provided us an assessment that meets our criteria. We don't discriminate.
__ Can my partner and I both submit an assessment on the same doctor? Will we be entered twice?__
Unfortunately no. It’s one assessment per primary doctor per couple.
- I don’t see my doctor or clinic on the website. Can I still submit an assessment?
Yes! As long as the doctor is indeed a physician (and not an NP, RN, PA, etc.), you can write in the doctor and clinic’s name. If it’s indeed a good match for our website, we will get it added to the directory!